Starr's Guitars, Cedaredge
Elevate Internet: An Amenity Needed for Economic Growth
Starr’s Guitars: “Service, experience, and advice you don’t get anywhere else. Plus, it is a cool place to hang out.” ~ David Starr
Starr’s Guitars was founded in 1998 in Little Rock, Arkansas by David Starr. However, it wasn’t long until David wanted a change of scenery. In 2001, David moved Starr’s Guitars to its current location in the beautiful town of Cedaredge, CO.
As you might imagine, Starr’s Guitars sells and repairs guitars and amps, vintage, new, and used. Starr’s also provides guitar lessons, sound system rentals, recording equipment, and all-you-can-remember free advice.
David said, “Guitar people are kind of like fishing rod and antique people. There is a destination piece involved in their purchasing decision.” So, while he admits that about 20% of his sales are online, the remaining 80% are folks that live in or are visiting the Western Slope. Spending your money locally and in David’s shop means you get at least three things that you can’t get on Amazon: a drive through the spectacular Surface Creek Valley, to keep your money in the local economy, and a priceless amount of service, advise, and support.
Community involvement and giving back to the community that supports him, has always played an important role in any of David’s ventures. David believes in staying active in his community, making it a better place to visit or make home.
Among many other activities, David promotes live music in Cedaredge. Starr’s Guitars is always a big sponsor of the Cedaredge Apple Fest, programming all the music. Most recently, David was instrumental in founding the Grand Mesa Art Center and is now in charge of bringing in the talent, wrangling big names like John Oats and John McEuen, as well as, local artists such as Shelley Rae, Stray Grass, and of course, himself. Check out David’s music. Then check out his full tour schedule.
Starr’s Guitars and Elevate Internet
Elevate has been instrumental (pun intended) to Starr’s Guitars because all the business of doing business is completed online from orders and research to booking talent. Elevate is more reliable and, of course, faster than his old service. Starr’s Guitars is now able to utilize a square for all transactions and find answers to customer questions that stump him with the click of a mouse. In sum, Elevate has made David better at doing what he loves.
But most importantly, David sees Elevate Internet as an amenity needed for economic growth, an amenity that younger folks want, and an amenity folks considering moving to Cedaredge want.